Building a culture of innovation in an organization dramatically enhances the development of new ideas for improvements, new products, innovative services, and digital transformation.
Companies with a strong innovation culture are constantly looking for improvement potential in their products, strategies, and processes. But how you start to create an innovation culture in your organization? Here are five best practice recommendations that have been proven to be highly effective.
- Challenge the daily routine regularly! Ask provocative questions in your meetings. Motivate your teams and employees to think regularly about improvements and changes.
- Conduct innovation workshops. Develop ideas for new products and processes.
- Bring your employees together with external parties (for example, customers or suppliers) who have different perspectives on business challenges. This works, for example, by establishing open innovation processes within a company.
- Use Innovation software to connect creative minds in the different departments of your organization. Build up an innovation network.
- Hire people with an innovative mindset who want to change things. Build teams of creative thinkers with diverse backgrounds.
Building a culture of innovation is challenging and takes longer than you think at the beginning.
Do not give up! Keep asking new challenging questions, run regular innovation workshops, and put together diverse teams again and again.